The goals of this camp are to build curling skills and strengthen general athletic skills. Half of the camp will be spent in the Saville Community Sports Centre’s curling rink where participants will develop their delivery and sweeping skills through fun drills and modified game play. The other half of the camp day will be dedicated to age-appropriate multi-sport activities designed to improve fundamental movement skills that support and complement the skills taught in the curling sessions.
- No previous curling experience is required.
- Specialized half-weight ‘little rocks’ will be used.
- Brooms and sliders will be provided to those who need them.
- In accordance with Curling Canada policy, participants are required to wear a CSA approved helmet.
- Clean athletic shoes, and warm athletic clothing are required for on-ice sessions. A separate pair of athletic shoes and summer athletic clothing are required for the multi-sport sessions.
- All participants will receive a camp hoodie.